Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Tragedy

 This is a poem I wrote 5/16/01


I can't believe the fate of our world, watching the news yet another tragedy has accrued. Innocent child of four years old, shot down cold in the living room floor. Gang members don't care who the bullet hits they just fire Boom Boom and jump ship. The family left in pain as they have to explain how everything went down, what they saw and heard. The grandmother starts to say, I had to save one of my grandchildren, but I couldn't save both, when I tried to grab the other his whole stomach was blown. Gunshot ripped him open he was gone for sure. Tragedy takes another soul and leaves a family in pain to never see that child grow. Guns in the wrong hands that's why so many people are against a weapon that was once made to protect and serve. Now they are evil in evil's hands to take an innocent's soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment